6.08.2016

An Everyday Workout

I love exercising. Whether it's going for a run, a bike ride, doing a yoga routine, or doing a weight routine, I really enjoy working out. However, I've always been very sporadic with my workouts, so when I exercise, I try to target every major muscle group. Here is what a typical workout looks like for myself: 

Warm-up/Stretching:
-arm circles
-side lunges
-jumping jacks

Weight Training:
Arms
-bicep curls
-dumbbell shoulder presses
-tricep extensions

Back
-reverse hugs
-lat pull downs
-pull ups

Legs/Glutes
-split squats
-squats
-lunges
-glute bridges
-calf raises

Core
-planks
-bicycle crunches
-v sits

Cardio:
-biking
-stairs
-rowing
-walking

Cool Down:
-stretching
-yoga

My warm ups are usually no longer than 5 minutes; they are just long enough to limber up a little bit and get your blood moving. Make a point of not exhausting yourself too early on though!
Weight training is my favourite part of any workout! I always do my weigh training in supersets of two different muscle groups. What this means is I pick two muscle groups (arms and legs, for example) and pick one exercise for each muscle. I do one set for the first muscle group and then do one set for the second muscle group immediately after; I repeat this three times.
As a way of intensifying my workouts, I add weights to all of my leg/glute exercises and my basic front planks.
I do many variations of planking. Front planks, seesaw planks, side planks, and hip twist planks.
When I walk for my cardio, I make sure my machine is set at a very high incline. This activates the glute muscles as well as every major muscle in your legs.

I hope this inspires some of you to try a new exercise, and maybe there are some experts/experienced people who see something in this workout that needs tweaking. If this is the case, please feel free to email me.
Xx.

*Please be aware that I am not an expert or trained in fitness in anyway. It is very easy to injure yourself when working out, so please talk to an expert before trying something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment