11.04.2014

Let's Talk About: Hair

Let me tell you a bit about me: my hair is my pride and joy.

Now before you judge me, let me say that I am not one of those girls who brushes her hair 20 times a day. My hair is just the one part of my physical self that I have never felt the desire to change. My hair is the one part of me that I am completely happy and satisfied with. I never use any appliances on it (#straighthairforlife #letsgowalkintherain), and I never have and never will die or highlight my hair, the colour is that pretty in my eyes.
My hair is also very long. Always has been.
But because it is so long and because I live in a climate that is constantly drying out one's hair, I always struggle with breakage and dead ends, not to mention flat hair from the constant flux from wet hair to dry hair that leaves my hair flat and volume-less (thank you Vancouver for 8 months of constant rainfall).

So when I came across the wide range of products from OGX Beauty, I had to try them out. Every one of their product lines has different benefits. Some add more volume to your hair, some defrizz, some hydrate, etc etc. Their products are all sulfate-free, are pH-balanced (which means they are safe on colour-treated hair), and have natural ingredients.

The first line I tried was Argan Oil of Morocco. The smell is amazing and my hair was so soft after only one use! I don't recommend this line for people with fine hair though. For me, it weighed down my hair after using it for 2 weeks. I would use this once or twice a week to maintain softness and shine.
The next line I tried was Coconut Milk. I loved this one! I used these products for one year solid and my hair reaped the benefits. The smell is to die for, you get the same softness as from the Moroccan oil line but your hair doesn't feel as heavy after a few uses. I would definitely recommend the Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum. It's a miracle worker!

Recently my hair has been flatter than usual. So I branched out a bit more and tried the Biotin & Collagen line. It really surprised me. the smell is like a mix of the Moroccan oil and the Coconut Milk, your hair is still soft, but it has more life and lustre, but isn't as shiny, which I think is great for the Autumn/Winter months. I am only using the shampoo and conditioner but would definitely recommend them!

 After 3 amazing successes with their products, I'm hooked on the OGX hair care lines. So the next one I'm going to try is the Cherry Blossom Ginseng. I'm not going to lie, I'm most curious about the smell but I have full confidence that the results will be amazing, as always.
Try out their products! Seriously. And if you're already using them, let me know which line is your favourite. I'm always curious about which one to try next Xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment