5.21.2014

Nail Polish Edit


Very recently, I have started creating a bit of a collection of nail polish. I love how nail polish can enhance an outfit and totally reflect your mood. You can feel classy, modern, traditional, artsy, or punk/monochromatic (depending on your point of view).

I bought my two Essie polishes last summer on a weekend vacation with friends. I just though that painting my nails would be something to do besides reading. I had had Essie polish before and loved it. So when I saw a whole counter of every colour and shade of polish that you could possibly imagine, I completely lost my shit in the middle of the supermarket. At the time, I thought pastels looked tacky on my nails so I went for a couple bright polishes.

Since then, I haven't bought any other colours or even worn any for that matter. Me and nail polish just don't mix. Once one nail chips, I compulsively and subconsciously pick off all the polish on that nail, and then pick the polish off every other nail so that they all match.

About a month ago, I decided that I would create a stock pile of nail polish so that I will (hopefully) feel more motivated to paint my nails more often. So while I was restocking my makeup bag a couple weeks ago, I spotted the Sally Hansen counter and simply couldn't resist.

Pastel colours have been becoming more and more appealing to me in recent months so I purchased a cream colour, a baby blue and a lilac colour. I also bought a sparkly polish to attempt an accent nail. All four are Sally Hansen polishes and they are absolutely amazing! They are part of the Complete Manicure line (except the sparkly one, that is Hard As Nails, Xtreme Wear) and they have the same feel as a gel manicure but are about a quarter of the price and put much less strain on your nails.

The Love & Beauty polish from Forever 21 is actually my sister's but it's a great colour and it is surprisingly good quality!

To sum up this post, I would highly recommend Sally Hansen polishes. But if you want a cheaper version, go for Forever 21 nail polishes. I have also heard good things about the Topshop beauty merch, so if anyone has any opinions they're willing to share, please feel free to do so! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment